Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lighting project

Lisa and I decided to do something different. We wanted lighting for the satirwell that wasn't something off the shelf. We bought 10 cords, 5 for the two recepticles on the staiwell. We bunched the cords, twisting and coiling them so that the lights would stagger while hanging from the ceiling. The electrician will be installing them tomorrow. More pics to come.

The first two photos: Lisa and I playing tug-of-war to unkink a cord. The third photo: we walked over to MAS (a local tapas bar) for inspiration.








3 comments:

  1. Okay, you both are dorks. But dorks I really like and appreciate. I'll never ever invite you to our "off the shelf" living arrangement, wherever that might be. Don't want you to pass out. But I have a question...what on earth is that scary face on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not from our house, Ant. Its one in a series of portraits in a local restaurant. I think its a women with a shower cap. I think it would look good on your wall. Right next to your off-the-shelf lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should put this poster up:

    http://www.art.com/products/p13719454-sa-i2731716/andy-warhol-jackie-c1964-smiling-with-jfk.htm?sorig=cat&sorigid=0&dimvals=0&ui=00f1a4253d8e40d8afb658db8635f722

    ReplyDelete